Woman Honor Thyself

When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking. --Elaine Boosler

Sunday, February 19, 2006

LonelinesS



Emotion of the DaY:
Loneliness.


I lost myself
I can never forget everything he did to me
I guess I'm kind of scared
I left her because she was not "the one"
I'm falling apart
I can't ever let my feelings show
Why bother? Why try?
It's gonna be one of those nights.
Hold on tight.

Loneliness can manifest in a myriad of ways...


You can feel lonely:

when you are alone and have no choice in this
when you do not feel part of a group or event
when there is no one with whom to share your feelings and experiences
when you feel disconnected and alienated from your surroundings
when there is no-one to know how miserable and isolated you feel.

Loneliness can make you feel:

unloved and unwanted
socially inadequate
convinced that there is something wrong with you
self-conscious and ill at ease with others
angry and critical of others.

These feelings, of course, can then result in lowered self-esteem; a (usually unfounded) conviction that people do not want you around; a reluctance to even attempt to make friends or take part in social activities; an inability to assert yourself and say 'no' to things you do not want to do and a consequential feeling of being exploited.
as per Univ. of Cambridge

With some people solitariness is an escape not from others but from themselves. For they see in the eyes of others only a reflection of themselves.
- Eric Hoffer -


What do you do when you feel 'lonely'?

7 Comments:

  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Usually, my wife is there to comfort me. When she's not, I always have my Labrador, Lucy. It's kinda hard to feel lonely when yer pup is looking at you with those big brown eyes while you scratch her ears.

     
  • At 2:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I have found that loneliness isn't the mere absence of those we care for. Often my wife and I will feel lonely for each other while we are with each other. The responsibilities of life, ministry, family, can, at times, steal emotional intimacy. Haven't you ever stood right next to the most important person in your life and still not been "there" with them emotionally? What becomes vitally important in a world filled with responsibility and distraction is the ability to connect with those we love the way God connects with each of us; unrestricted and unselfish. There are no boundaries to this kind of love, no stipulations, no expectation, and no hidden requirements. The cure for the pain of loneliness is the removal of self because; when we're "lonely" we have only ourselves in mind. Sadly this lopsided desire to end the "feeling of lonliness" will cause some to go to great expremes to find relief when, in truth, no one person, place, substance, or thing can satisfy them because they have yet to learn that the selfish need for something is only extinguished through the "God kind" of love. Agaphe love, God's love, available to all, is the love that gives of itself without requirement, expecting nothing. It is our only true defense against lonliness. With it, and through it, we can truly "do all things".

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    expremes?
    Agaphe?

    What?

    extremes
    Agape

    Ah, much better!

    Sorry :)

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger K T Cat said…

    When I get lonely, I go and visit a friend's blog.

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger LomaAlta said…

    Anyone can, with sufficient time and effort, make you unhappy.
    But, happiness can only come from within.

    I cannot tell anyone how to overcome loneliness. I try to overcome it with physical activity followed by mental activity toward seeing the good in things and people. Good luck.

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger WomanHonorThyself said…

    I'm loving all these ideas..specially the one that involves chocolate.baby girl..care to share?..heh but seriously,
    don..ure insights were so on the money..if only we mortals can live up to them..
    lawman ..I got me a doggie too so I know jus what ya mean..:)
    KT..what a sweet idea!

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger kevin said…

    Staying busy can help, but I live for weekends with my daughter.

    http://amboytimes.blogspot.com/
    2006/02/more-cartoon-news.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home